A partnership between Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center, Nevada Health and Wellness Center (HAWC) and Access to Healthcare Network (AHN) to provide Personal Healthcare Coordination to patients with unique medical conditions in order to improve medical outcomes.
For Pregnancy, an AHN Specialty Care Coordinator will help with...
- Coordinating your doctor’s appointments
- Preparing for labor
- Learning about your pregnancy
- Referring you to pregnancy & post-partum resources
- Obtaining insurance & understand coverage
- Obtaining food, housing, & transportation services
- Interpreter/translation services
- Getting you access to support services
- Choosing a pediatrician
- Lactation resources – breast pumps
- Enrolling in parenting classes
- Child development planning and practice
- Diapers – diaper bank
- Staying motivated — a rewards program for attending appointments
For Diabetes & other Chronic Diseases, an AHN Specialty Care Coordinator will help with...
- Handling referrals to specialists
- Scheduling appointments
- Ensuring you have access to your medications and understand your prescriptions
- Learning about your condition and care
- Overcoming financial difficulties
- Transportation difficulties
- Finding community resources (food, housing, bills, medical supplies, support groups)
- Understanding health insurance
- Pre- and post-surgery time & money-saving tips
- Follow-up/check-in calls and reminders
- And much more, just ask!