AHN is running this program in partnership with Saint Mary’s Health Network and your Primary Care provider. Making your health a priority is a lifelong commitment. The Diabetes Prevention Program is a proven successful, CDC recognized lifestyle change program developed specifically to prevent type 2 diabetes. The program is tailored to meet your specific needs and interests. The Diabetes Prevention Program requires a yearlong commitment. Classes meet weekly for the first few months of the year and then moves to meeting monthly the last 6 months of the program. Classes are one-hour long. Upon enrollment you will have a dedicated team of trained lifestyle coaches whose sole purpose is to engage and motivate you. Its $150 total to participate in the class but if you attend classes and meet your activity/weight goals, you could get that money back as well as earn bonuses.
- Call 775-507-4459 to join or for more information
- Weekly sessions for 3 months
- Biweekly sessions for 3 months
- Monthly sessions for 6 months
The Prevent T2 program is designed for people at risk for type 2 diabetes. The purpose of the program is to lower that risk by changing certain lifestyle aspects such as eating healthier, reducing stress and getting more physical activity. The program includes group support from others who share common goals and struggles.
- Cost: $150 ( a payment option of 2 installments can be done if there are financial concerns)
- Improved health and quality of life!
- If the student attends at least 9 classes in the first 6 months of the program they will receive $75 of their registration fee back
- If the student attends at least 3 classes in the last 6 months of the program they will receive $75 of their registration fee back
- If the student loses 5% of their starting body weight they will receive a $100 bonus
- If the student loses 9% of their starting body weight they will receive an additional $50 bonus
- Prize raffles will be conducted at least once a quarter for those that attend class. Items raffled could be rice cookers, massages, gift certificates etc.
- Class starts at 1:00 PM
- Participants will weigh in at the beginning of every class (privately)
- Instruction starts at 1:30 PM and goes for an hour
- Examples of subjects covered are tracking physical activity and healthy eating, shopping and cooking, eating well away from home, staying motivated and more.
- Instructors will stay after class to answer any questions